What We Do
Our comprehensive range of services, available in both Spanish and English, give women who are living in violent, abusive households tools to recover from the trauma of abuse and begin to build sustainable self-sufficiency. Each year, we serve nearly 1,000 survivors through: three residential programs; housing search assistance; financial literacy education; counseling; legal advocacy and representation; and community-based advocacy. Casa Myrna operates SafeLink, the only statewide 24/7 toll-free domestic violence hotline in Massachusetts. SafeLink receives nearly 30,000 calls a year from survivors, their family, friends, and service providers. And because the provision of services will not end domestic violence, we invest in awareness, education and prevention efforts by educating hundreds of teens and adults across the state through workshops, seminars, trainings, daily social media posts, and annual ad campaigns on mass transit systems.
Our programs include:
- SafeLink: Massachusetts’s multilingual 24-hour hotline for all those affected by domestic violence
- Residential Programs: longer and shorter-term housing for survivors of domestic violence and their children
- Supportive Services: legal advocacy, counselling, financial coaching, assistance finding housing, and more
- Education & Outreach: workshops and training programs for teens and adults
- Public Awareness: statewide campaigns to raise awareness of domestic violence and SafeLink