Host an Event
Love a fun party for a great cause? Or perhaps you are planning to take part in a race, triathlon, or other athletic event and want to raise money and awareness for a nonprofit? Consider raising funds to benefit Casa Myrna!
For Parties, Tournaments, or Other Events…
- Decide on a venue. It can be at your home, favorite bar, restaurant or club – even an outdoor spot when the weather is nice. Our goal for events is to keep costs at a minimum. We work with individuals who have obtained a venue free of charge, so as to raise the most revenue possible for our services to support survivors.
- You will need to identify sponsorship and donation opportunities for events with food and beverages, a silent auction, and/or raffle. Again, we find that these items can be obtained at no cost, thereby increasing the revenue that will directly support our organization and survivors. We can assist with drafting materials for solicitations, provide information the donors may request, and will make sure that all in-kind donors are properly recognized and thanked by Casa Myrna.
- Create a guest list. Invite your personal and/or professional networks to socialize for a great cause.
- Publicize! The extent of publicity will vary depending on whether the event is private or public.
How Does Casa Myrna Help?
- Casa Myrna will help publicize any event open to the public via the agency’s website, emails, social networking sites, and media.
- We can provide helpful tips and contacts for soliciting silent auction and/or raffle items.
- We can manage ticket sales and registration via our website, and provide card readers to take credit card donations onsite at the event.
- Depending on volunteer needs, we will spread the word to our staff, friends, and supporters about specific opportunities for helping out.
- If you would like a staff member to speak about our work at the event, we will make every effort to ensure that the appropriate person is available.
For Races, Triathlons, and Other Athletic Events…
- Register for your preferred event.
- Contact us! We will help you set a fundraising goal, help develop your fundraising strategy, and ensure that all your donors are appropriately thanked.
Ready to Get Started?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-521-0176.