Calling All Artists
1. Emerging to Established Artists: The Healing Power of Art, a Juried Exhibition by Curator Brenda Taylor
Casa Myrna, Liquid Art House and Curator Brenda Taylor are pleased to announce the juried exhibition The Healing Power of Art.
Elsie Kagan, Milvian Bridge, acrylic and oil on canvas, 72″ x 96″, 2008
To commemorate forty years of new beginnings at Casa Myrna, Liquid Art House and Curator Brenda Taylor invite you to reflect upon the power of art as a catalyst that improves the well-being of individuals and the community.
This juried exhibition is open to emerging to established artists.
The opening reception will take place on September 21 at Liquid Art House, 100 Arlington Street, Boston, MA.
Learn more and apply: NYFA.org
2. Students and Young Grads: The Clothesline, A Pop-Up Exhibit Especially for Boston’s Young Talent
Credit: Kiki Karavas, “Trippy,” used with permission
Are you an art student? Recent grad? Enrolled in an art class or an expressive art therapy workshop?
Your original artwork could be featured on The Clothesline, a pop-up exhibit part of Casa Myrna’s Healing Power of Art gallery reception at Liquid Art House. (Learn more about the event here.) As we commemorate forty years of new beginnings, we invite you to reflect upon the power of art as a catalyst for improving the well-being of individuals and the community.
Make your mark at one of Boston’s most unique art destinations and support survivors in your community by submitting your art for the pop-up Clothesline installation.
Learn how to enter your work below, and be sure to submit it by the extended September 5, 2017 deadline.
This call for entries is open to Massachusetts based art students and young grads.
Theme: The Healing Power of Art
Application deadline: September 5, 2017
Application fee: $0
Installation: September 18 – 19, 2017
Opening Reception: Thursday, September 21, 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
1) Please address your artwork to:
Attn. Sophie: The Clothesline – Call for Entries
38 Wareham Street, Second Floor
Boston, MA 02118
2) You may send 1 or 2 pieces of your artwork with your last name, first name, date of birth, school name, (expected) graduation year, e-mail, and phone number on the back of each piece.
- Please note that this call for entries is reserved exclusively for enrolled students (15 and older), recent graduates (graduation in 2015, 2016, 2017), and individuals enrolled in art courses or expressive art therapy workshops.
- Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope so we can mail you back your work if it is not selected.
3) As this is a pop-up exhibition, your work–if selected–must be ready to be displayed hung on a clothesline in the Liquid Art House window. Please use letter-size sheets of paper or letter-size canvas only. Framed work will not be considered.
4) NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
5) If your work is selected, we encourage you to be present at the Opening Reception on Sept 21, 2017. There is no guarantee your work will be exhibited.
6) If selected, you agree to give up ownership of that piece. Casa Myrna may use your artwork to promote this and other events. If selected, each original artwork will be auctioned at a silent auction on September 21 to benefit the programs and services of Casa Myrna.
Unsold works will be donated to Casa Myrna to be auctioned off at a future fundraiser.
7) We will notify all artists whose work is selected by September 8, 2017.
Have questions? Please email email@example.com.