Call for Entries: The Clothesline
A Pop-Up Exhibit Especially for Boston’s Emerging Talent
Are you an emerging local artist? Your original artwork could be featured on The Clothesline, a pop-up exhibit part of Casa Myrna’s Healing Power of Art gallery reception at Liquid Art House. (Learn more about the event here.) As we commemorate forty years of new beginnings, we invite you to reflect upon the power of art as a catalyst for improving the well-being of individuals and the community.
Make your mark at one of Boston’s most unique art destinations and support survivors in your community by submitting your art for the pop-up Clothesline installation.
Learn how to enter your work below, and be sure to submit it by the July 21, 2017 deadline.
This call for entries is open to Massachusetts based art students and young grads.
Theme: The Healing Power of Art
Application deadline: July 21, 2017
Application fee: $0
Installation: September 18 – 19, 2017
Opening Reception: Thursday, September 21, 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
1) Please address your artwork to:
Attn. Sophie: The Clothesline – Call for Entries
38 Wareham Street, Second Floor
Boston, MA 02118
2) You may send 1 or 2 pieces of your artwork with your last name, first name, date of birth, school name, (expected) graduation year, e-mail and phone number on the back of each piece.
- Please note that this Clothesline is reserved exclusively to enrolled students (15 and older) and young grads (graduation in 2015, 2016, 2017).
- Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope so we can mail you back your work if it is not selected.
3) As this is a pop-up exhibition, your work–if selected–must be ready to be displayed hung on a clothesline in the Liquid Art House window. Please use letter-size sheets of paper or letter-size canvas only. Framed work will not be considered.
4) NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
5) If your work is selected, we encourage you to be present at the Opening Reception on Sept 21, 2017. There is no guarantee your work will be exhibited.
6) If selected, you agree to give up ownership of that piece. Casa Myrna may use your artwork to promote this and other events. If selected, each original artwork will be auctioned at a silent auction on Sept 21 to benefit the programs and services of Casa Myrna.
Unsold works will be donated to Casa Myrna to be auctioned off at a future fundraiser.
7) We will notify all artists whose work is selected by Monday August 28, 2017.
Have questions? Please email email@example.com.